QNUK Level 3 Award In Forest School First Aid (RQF)
This regulated qualification is currently unique to Qualifications Network.
It is aimed at forest school leaders who may currently need to undertake up to 3 first aid qualifications to meet requirements. This qualification ensures they can meet those same requirements simply by completing one qualification.
The qualification has been mapped to the following:
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First aid at Work (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Outdoor First aid (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First aid (RQF)
Some pre-course work may be required.
This award sits in the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is regulated by Ofqual.
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
The course will cover:
- Understanding the responsibilities of a forest school first aider
- Undertaking a survey of the scene
- Managing an incident in an outdoor setting
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is unresponsive
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Immersion in water
- Suspected head, neck or back injuries
- Conditions affecting the eyes, ears or nose
- Major illness
- Effect of heat or cold
- Electric shock
- Bleeding wounds, scalds and burns
- Anaphylactic shock
Delegates must be in good medical condition with a reasonable level of fitness.
Prior Qualifications Required
It is advised that learners have a minimum Level 2 in English and Maths.
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist.