CABWI Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
The CABWI Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces allows learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required by those whose job role requires them to act as part of a confined space rescue team.
The content, structure and assessment requirements of the qualification were developed by CABWI Awarding Body, in consultation with representatives of the water and utilities industries and their training and assessment providers. This award sits in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is regulated by Ofqual.
If the assessment team identifies any queries or issues with the content of the qualification units or the structure, the centre should contact its external quality assurer or the CABWI office in the first instance. The awarding body can then provide advice on the most suitable course of action and consult further with qualification users, employers and/or training providers as necessary.
Centres offering the Emergency Rescue award must confirm that the learner holds the relevant certificate, and should undertake an initial assessment of the learner to ensure that they have retained the knowledge from the High Risk award, before assessment takes place for the Emergency Rescue qualification.
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
The course will cover:
- How to prepare to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Preparing to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Entering and exiting confined spaces safely
- Preparation and use respiratory equipment (RPE) in accordance with the manufacturers specifications
- Use of recue equipment in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Following procedures safely
- Controlling risks during working
- Dealing with emergencies
- Recovery of casualties
- Completion of handover procedures
Delegates must be aged 16 or over and medically fit in line with current industry requirements.
Prior Qualifications Required
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist.