Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid Response (RQF)
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain a more comprehensive understanding of first aid along with an understanding of the importance of medical / environmental intelligence when dealing with a range of casualties.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports / approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and written / oral questioning.
This award sits in the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is regulated by Ofqual.
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
The course will cover:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Managing an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Managing a casualty with external bleeding
- Managing a casualty with a minor injury
- Understanding how the environment can impact on the provision of first aid
- Supporting a variety of casualties
- First aid skills in CPR
- Safe use of an automated external defibrillator
- Assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
Delegates must be over 16 years of age and in good medical condition with a reasonable level of fitness.
Prior Qualifications Required
It is advised that learners have a minimum Level 1 in English and Maths.
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist.