GWO BST Working at Height Refresher
This syllabus delivers the Working at Heights module of the Global Wind Organization ‘Basic Safety Training Refresher’ standard V10.
The course includes the use of:
- Various EN361/EN358 full body harnesses
- Various EN354/EN355 fall arrest lanyards
- Various EN358 work-positioning lanyards
- Various EN360 retractable-type fall arresters
- Skylotec Milan A-020 fixed-rate descent device
- Skylotec Milan A-024 fixed-rate descent/rescue device
- Skylotec Milan A-029 fixed-rate descent/rescue device
- Various EN353-1 installed vertical fall arrest systems
- The candidate will be assessed in the following practical skills:
- Selection, donning and pre-use inspection of PFPE
- Anchorage point selection and use
- Climbing of fixed ladders using installed fall arrest equipment
- Climbing of fixed ladders using fall arrest lanyards
- Work positioning on a fixed ladder
- Use of backup systems for exercises
- Emergency evacuation using a fixed-rate descent device
- Rescue of casualty from fixed ladder (GWO scenarios)
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 2 years
The course will cover:
- Relevant global and UK legislation
- Selection and use of Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Fundamentals of risk assessment and typical hazard scenarios
- Principles of safe working at heights in wind turbines
- Basic principles of wind turbine evacuation and rescue
Delegates must be medically fit with bodyweight 80-100kg.
Prior Qualifications Required
Delegates must hold a valid GWO BST Working at Height certificate.
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist