GWO BST First Aid Refresher
This syllabus delivers the First Aid module of the Global Wind Organization ‘Basic Safety Training Refresher’ standard V10.
The candidate will be assessed in the following practical skills:
- Assessment of an unconscious person
- Basic Adult Life Support including use of an AED
- Assessment and treatment of casualties in a WTG mock scenario
- Note – Regular practice of CPR is essential to maintain competency.
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 2 years.
The course will cover:
- Relevant global and UK legislation
- Delivery of First Aid in a safe and legally-compliant manner
- COVID-SAFE protocols
- Normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Correct order of management in an emergency situation in a WTG environment
- Lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey
- Correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator
- Correct use of Ordinary First Aid and the Secondary Survey
- Correct use of First Aid equipment
Delegates must be medically fit.
Prior Qualifications Required
Delegates must hold a valid GWO BST First Aid certificate.
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist