GWO ART Hub-Spinner-Blade Rescue
This syllabus delivers the Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue module of the Global Wind Organization ‘Advanced Rescue Training’ standard V2.
The candidate will be instructed and assessed in the following practical skills:
- Rescues from a WTG hub, spinner and from inside a blade
- Descent evacuation of a casualty (outside tower)
- Performance of the above as both a member and supervisor of a rescue team
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification has no expiry.
The course will cover:
- Relevant UK legislation
- Selection of rescue equipment and strategies
- Use of rescue lifting equipment
- Use of rescue stretchers and immobilisation devices
- Operating as part of a rescue team
- Basic lifting theory
Delegates must be medically fit with bodyweight 80-100kg.
Prior Qualifications Required
Delegates must hold a valid:
- GWO BST Working at Height certificate
- GWO BST Manual Handling certificate
- GWO BST First Aid certificate
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist