Co-Worker Rescue from Water
The Co-Worker Rescue from Water course provides the knowledge and techniques to allow individuals to work in or around water.
Designed in accordance with DEFRA standards, this course provides the correct skills to provide bank-based rescue cover for their colleagues working next to basic water environments (e.g. small lakes, canals, sheltered harbours, and marinas where use of a powered safety boat is not required).
The Co-Worker Rescue from Water course covers appropriate PPE and simple rescue techniques to allow a safe rescue.
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
The course will cover:
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood hazards
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Medical and de-contamination considerations
- Considerations for night operations
- Mud, ice and unstable surface considerations
- Basic swimming and self-rescue
- Bank-based rescue options (eg throwbags)
- Entries and exits to/from the water
- Shallow water techniques
- Tethered swim
- Untethered swim
- Dealing with panicking/stressed casualties
- Shallow water search techniques
Delegates must be aged 18 or over and must be a confident swimmer.
Prior Qualifications Required
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist