Co-Worker Rescue from Water - Basic and Moving
Designed in accordance with DEFRA standards, this course provides the knowledge and techniques to allow employees to provide bank-based rescue cover for their colleagues working next to moving water (inland rivers, confined tidal flows) where use of a powered safety boat is not required.
It covers appropriate PPE and simple rescue techniques to allow safe rescue from water, both basic and moving, and gives simple rescue techniques that can be used to rescue co-workers.
Course materials include a course manual and workbook for your use.
Lunch and refreshments are provided by Rescue Specialist.
The qualification is valid for 3 years.
The course will cover:
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood hazards
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Medical and de-contamination considerations
- Considerations for night operations
- Mud, ice and unstable surface considerations
- Basic swimming and self-rescue
- Bank-based rescue options (eg throwbags)
- Entries and exits to/from the water
- Shallow water techniques
- Use of rescue platforms, sleds and boards
- Tethered swim
- Untethered swim
- Use of masks, fins and floating rescue devices
- Dealing with panicking/stressed casualties
- C-spine rolls
- Shallow water search techniques
Delegates must be aged 18 or over and must be a confident swimmer.
Prior Qualifications Required
All equipment will be provided by Rescue Specialist.